Recipe: Spicy Honey Margarita by Bushwick Kitchen’s Casey Elsass
October 25, 2017
In the brand new issue of Lagom, we’ve got a big feature on Casey Elsass, the founder of Brooklyn’s Bushwick Kitchen — a company that makes some truly spectacular sauces, honeys, and syrups. Our appetite was whet to such a degree while interviewing Casey that we decided to ask him to create a couple of recipes exclusively for Lagom. This first one is his take on a Margarita, using some of his Bees Knees Spicy Honey. Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 1 cocktail)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 14ml Bees Knees Spicy Honey simple syrup (To make the honey syrup, whisk together equal parts honey and warm water until combined.)
- 60ml blanco tequila
- Salt and lime wedge for garnish
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of a rocks glass and dip in salt.
- Add lime juice and Bees Knees Spicy Honey simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Add tequila and plenty of ice. Shake vigorously until frosty.
- Strain into prepared rocks glass filled with more ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.