Job opening: Communications Intern (remote)
February 08, 2017
UPDATE: Thanks for all of your applications! We’ve now filled the role and will introduce our intern shortly.
We’re looking for a remote, part-time Communications Intern to join the Lagom team and help grow the reach of our brand across digital channels. The role is paid and is based on an initial period of 3 months.
- work closely with the magazine’s co-editors;
- research content for our website and social media posts;
- compose & schedule content for our website and social media posts;
- engage with our social following via replies, shares, tweets, etc.;
- engage with our readers via our customer support channels.
- very strong written English skills — you’re a pedant when it comes to grammar;
- an eye for detail and the ability to judge aesthetic quality;
- experience managing social media (even if it’s your personal profiles);
- a good working knowledge of all the usual web apps (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- an interest in, and understanding of, our highly creative audience;
- at least one issue of Lagom on your bookshelf.
We’ll be even happier if you have:
- a keen eye for typography — you’d never use a prime instead of an apostrophe, or a hyphen instead of an em dash;
- experience managing social media for another brand;
- experience using Craft CMS, Later, or MailChimp.
Please email [email protected] with your CV / resumé, explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for the job. You should also include a separate document that contains 3 potential social media posts for Lagom:
- 1 tweet with a URL (external to Lagom), image, and explanatory text;
- 1 Facebook post with a different URL (also external to Lagom), image, and (longer) explanatory text;
- 1 text-only tweet in response to a customer whose copy of the magazine hasn’t arrived.
The posts will be judged on the suitability and tone of the text, image, and (where appropriate) URL chosen. Both documents should be included as attachments in PDF format.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Image credit: some of our favourite Instagrams in which we’ve been tagged by our readers. Thank you!